Thank you for your interest in the Malt Madness XI organized by Lehigh Valley Homebrewers, Bethlehem, PA.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
If you are willing to judge or steward, please return to register on or after Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 7:00 PM, EDT.
- Malt Madness (beer/mead/cider) is open to all home brewers.
- All beers, meads, or ciders must be non-commercial in nature and produced at home.
- All entries must be registered and paid for online.
- The entry fee is $7 per entry.
- Each entrant is limited to ten (10) entries.
- Although 12-ounce bottles are strongly preferred, entrants may submit two bottles ranging from 10- to 16-ounces in volume for each entry. Entrants proposing to submit one 750 ml bottle for meads or ciders must contact the Competition Organizer first.
- Bottles may be brown or green glass, and must be free of any labels, etched logos, or other identifying marks. Swing tops are acceptable.
- A completed entry form must accompany each entry, recipes are not required. If entering more the one beer, make sure the correct entry form accompanies each entry.
- A bottle ID form must be attached to each bottle with a rubber band. Only use the bottle label provided by the registration process!
- Categories and sub-categories may be combined for judging purposes, however beers, meads or ciders will be judged according to the subcategory in which they are entered. The 2015 style guidelines for each category and subcategory available directly on the BJCP website, here.
- It is the responsibility of the brewer to decide and indicate on the entry form the appropriate category and subcategory for their entry.
- Entries which do not meet these entry requirements may be disqualified.
- Depending on the number of entries and category distribution, categories and subcategories may be combined or separated for judging and awards purposes. These judging table breakdowns will not be available prior to the competition and will be determined by the Competition Organizer once all entries are processed.
- Any disputes that arise before, during or after the competition will be settled by the Competition Organizer.
- As a courtesy to our out of state judges who may not live close to a drop off location, they may bring their entries the morning of the competition. Please be sure entries are registered by the deadline and arrive cold. And please let the organizers know that you will be hand carrying your entries.
- All Judges and Stewards are requested to arrive by 8:30 AM. Results will be announced as soon as Best of Show results are in.
- Brewer feedback is the primary purpose of Malt Madness. Your score sheets will be returned to you shortly after the contest. Please do not send a SASE with your entry. Scoresheets will be scanned and uploaded to the registration site.
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
- Dave Andersen — Competition Coordinator
- Scott Minnich — Competition Coordinator
- Steve Small — Competition IT Director
- Melissa Titus — Prize Coordinator
- Steve Zapata — Judge Coordinator